It’s hard to believe the year is half over and it’s time to wrap up June. Well, I’m a day early. But I won’t finish a book by tomorrow. So here I am.
YOU GUYS. I had my best reading month all year! I finished 5 books and it was amazing. I am sticking with YA for awhile to keep this up.
- The One by Kiera Cass
- Siren’s Song by Heather McCollum
- This Side of Salvation by Jeri Smith-Ready
- Hemingway’s Girl by Erika Roburn
- The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wicker
Look for those reviews soon…
I also reviewed:
- Dreams of Gods and Monsters [Audiobook Review]
- Reflections [Wordless Wednesday]
- No, I Won’t Be Reading that E-Novella
- Baseball [Wordless Wednesday]
- Summer Shorts ’14: A Discussion with Author Jane Cawthorne and Narrator Dawn Harvey
I am actually going for a run this morning. A real, legit run. I got injured in early April so it’s been nearly 3 months since I’ve gone on one. And I have suffered for it. But I’m excited to hit the pavement again. Despite the humidity and heat.
I tried to do that ab challenge in June that everyone was doing – and I made it much further than everyone else I knew – but I gave up around Day 22. It just got too hard. Thinking about doing a yoga challenge in July to stay active while I can’t actually get to the gym or dance class.
Evan is a handful. Ben left and he seems to be pretty terrified that I am also going to leave. Other than daycare (where he has always been comfortable with me dropping him off), he barely lets me leave the room. Ben’s sister is here this weekend helping me out (she was getting me ice cream as I typed this), which is great, we’re going to see Ben next weekend in Minnesota for a wedding (where I plan on promptly handing Evan over to someone and then running away), my mom will be here the weekend after that, then just one more weekend on my own before we head to New Mexico for Ben’s graduation. I can do that. Right?