This has been a strange, eventful week and I think it is worth writing about.
- Ben took a job in Florida for next year. This means that he will be going to Florida before I get home from California, so we won’t be living together for an entire year. Flights to Florida are fairly cheap, so I’m hoping that we can still see each other somewhat regularly. Plus, I’ll have somewhere warm to go when I get cold next winter.
- I’ve decided to look into being a law librarian. I haven’t wanted to be a lawyer for some time now, but I’ve been fighting it. I love working at the law library and the librarians seem to love their jobs. So that is my newest plan. I would take a year or two off and clerk for a judge (hopefully) and then go back to school to get my masters in library science. There is a program at The University of South Florida in Tampa where Ben is going. It seems like things might actually work out.
- My mom’s oldest friend’s husband passed away yesterday. It was very sudden and unexpected. I’ve known him for my entire life. I’m very glad that I got to see him last summer.
- Carmine, Ben’s parents’ dog was hit by the Detroit Free Press delivery guy on Friday. He didn’t stop or anything. She had to get lots of stitches, but she’s doing great now.
- Classes ended today. I am three exams away from being done with my second year!
Anyway, I just thought this week was one of those that makes you think about what and who is important in your life.