On the campaign we had nightly conference calls where people would be called on at the end to give one up and one down for the day. I hadn’t really thought about it until today. I can list a ton of downs but I’m struggling to find an up.
- I have the worst ear infection ever. Even worse than the one I had last week in my other ear.
- I can’t hear out of my right ear.
- I have a wick in my ear which is very uncomfortable.
- Unless I take 800 mg of ibuprofin on schedule, I can barely move my neck or jaw.
- I burst into tears in front of the senior partner at my firm today when he asked how I was doing.
- Ben has a fractured foot which he’s been walking on for a week thus taking him out of yet another soccer season.
- I have to miss my favorite night of the gym and dance tomorrow for some lawyer dinner (although I’m not sure bouncing around would help my ear situation much).
- I have to decide if I want to have surgery for my deviated septum. At this point, I can’t imagine anything hurting worse than my ear, so maybe I should go for it. I’m even considering childbirth at this point.
If I had to pick an up, I guess it would be that I’m arguing my first motion tomorrow (or in opposition to Defendant’s motion rather). I’m excited for the responsibility, but I’m not really sure I’ll be able to hear the judge.