What do you miss most about the internet of ten years ago?
Oh, there are just so many things.
- The noise of the modem connecting to the internet.
- Limiting your usage because you paid by the minute.
- Waiting 2 hours for a song to Download from Napster.
- The lack of wireless-ness.
- Those AOL cds that came in the mail.
- Getting kicked off every 5 minutes.
Ten years ago, I was in high school and thus living with my parents. To use the internet, I had to go out to the barn (where my dad had an “office”), wait 10 minutes for the computer to get online. I would be wearing a winter jacket and full scarf, hat, and gloves ensemble because the heat was never turned on. I would bring a book or some homework with me to do while I waited for pages to load. It would take 30 minutes to get done what I could do in 5 today. And I still did all of that because it was the only way. Things sure have changed. 🙂
Oh, those AOL CDs. I'd forgotten all about those.My son used to (among many other things) put them in the microwave. In a few seconds they would set off tiny beautiful fireworks. In too many seconds, we would need to buy a new microwave.