Books Read in February:
- Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer (review)
- Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane
- The Unnamed by Joshua Ferris (review)
- Genesis by Bernard Beckett (review)
- Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver (review)
- The Vampire Diaries: The Struggle by L.J. Smith (review)
I finished six books again this month which used to be my normal pace so I’m happy to be back to finishing at least that many books each month (if only I could read faster…). I have not done a very good job of tracking incoming books lately but I’m hoping to start listing those again in March’s recap (plus I should get some birthday books this month).
I set out some goals for myself in January. Let’s see how I’m doing (these figures include the one book I’ve finished in March):
- More adult lit than YA/MG? Yes (8:5)
- 20% classics? No (the closest I’ve come to a classic this year is PG Wodehouse)
- 15% nonfiction/memoir? Yes (15.38% to be exact!)
- I haven’t read any of the specific authors I mentioned (Atwood, Allende, and Vonnegut)
- I haven’t read any of the specific books I mentioned (Uglies, The Art of Racing in the Rain, David Copperfield, Betsy-Tacy – last five books, The Age of Innocence).
All in all, I think I’m meeting my goals reasonably well. I’m especially proud of the amount of “grown-up” books I’ve read this year. And the nonfiction/memoir stat surprised me. But I did cheat and include Julie and Julia which I finished in March.
How was your reading month?