Books Read in February:
- Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer (review)
- Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane
- The Unnamed by Joshua Ferris (review)
- Genesis by Bernard Beckett (review)
- Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver (review)
- The Vampire Diaries: The Struggle by L.J. Smith (review)
I finished six books again this month which used to be my normal pace so I’m happy to be back to finishing at least that many books each month (if only I could read faster…). I have not done a very good job of tracking incoming books lately but I’m hoping to start listing those again in March’s recap (plus I should get some birthday books this month).
I set out some goals for myself in January. Let’s see how I’m doing (these figures include the one book I’ve finished in March):
- More adult lit than YA/MG? Yes (8:5)
- 20% classics? No (the closest I’ve come to a classic this year is PG Wodehouse)
- 15% nonfiction/memoir? Yes (15.38% to be exact!)
- I haven’t read any of the specific authors I mentioned (Atwood, Allende, and Vonnegut)
- I haven’t read any of the specific books I mentioned (Uglies, The Art of Racing in the Rain, David Copperfield, Betsy-Tacy – last five books, The Age of Innocence).
All in all, I think I’m meeting my goals reasonably well. I’m especially proud of the amount of “grown-up” books I’ve read this year. And the nonfiction/memoir stat surprised me. But I did cheat and include Julie and Julia which I finished in March.
How was your reading month?
I really want to read Before I Fall. I’m going to be picking that up when I get paid. 🙂
I think you’re reading a good variety of books, even if you haven’t gotten to classics yet. 🙂
I’m pleased with the variety so far. And I’ll get to some classics eventually.
You have two books there that I am dying to get to, “The Unnamed” and “Eating Animals.” I really enjoyed “Shutter Island,” and I’m about to go back and see what you thought of “Genesis” because I had sort of mixed feelings about it.
Looks like you had a great reading month! And Wodehouse is definitely classic 😀 I really want to read Genesis, but apparently so does everyone else. It´s always checked out from the library.
You seem to have had a great reading month! I don’t remember reading your review of ‘Shutter Island’ – thought I might have missed it and searched around and still couldn’t find it. Hope you are able to post your review of it. I thought I will watch the movie version, but I hope to read your review first, before deciding to watch the movie.