Hour: Entering Hour 13
Current Book: Dani Noir by Nova Ren Suma
Mood: Still pretty alert. Could probably use a cookie and diet coke though.
Time spent reading: 9 hours and 5 minutes
Time spent blogging: 57 minutes
Time spent cheering: 52 minutes
Books Read: 2 – Life as We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer and Blankets by Craig Thompson
Pages Read: 947
Reading speed: 1.74 pages/minute (104 pages/hour) (this number skyrocketed thanks to a GN)
Mini-Challenges Completed: 4
Mini-Challenge Mid-Event Survey:
1. What are you reading right now?
Dani Noir by Nova Ren Suma
2. How many books have you read so far?
2 complete books
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
If I finish Dani Noir, I think I’ll probably go with Betsy-Tacy.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
No. I thought my brother would be in town, but he left yesterday so I didn’t have any plans. Could have driven to Fort Lauderdale to visit a friend but I didn’t for various reasons. So my day was free.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
None. Husband is reading, too.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
How quickly it is flying by.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Nope – it’s perfect!
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
I think I’d pick a really short first book so I felt like I accomplished something early on.
9. Are you getting tired yet?
Mentally? No. Physically? Yes – my neck and shoulders are even tenser and more knotted than normal.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
Read a graphic novel – it breaks up the monotony of staring at words all day.