Books Completed in August:
- My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares
- Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman (audio)
- Bad Marie by Marcy Dermansky
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (audio) (reread)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (audio) (reread)
- Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (audio) (reread)
- The Vampire Diaries: Dark Reunion by LJ Smith
- Dracula by Bram Stoker
Look at that. I almost reviewed everything (ignoring Harry Potter which I will do as one big audio post).
I think 9 books might be a new record for me (although if I’d noticed I was so close , I certainly would have tried for double digits). Part of this accomplishment is due to some easy, quick reads (let’s face it, that’s not really an impressive list) but a lot of it has to do with the 4 audiobooks I read. I’ve been flying through the Harry Potter books faster than other audios partly because I simply love Harry Potter and partly because I am finally maximizing my audio time. I’m not just listening in the car anymore. I’m listening when I get ready in the morning, when I’m cooking and cleaning, and when I have a headache and it’s the only thing I can bear to do. You can argue all you want that listening is not the same thing as reading, but I’m finishing MORE BOOKS, people. And that’s something.
Think I can hit 10 in September?
So, how was your reading month? What was your favorite book?