Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful day. I am having a great time in Michigan with my family. We spent Christmas Evening at my mom’s, Christmas morning with the Ben’s family, Christmas dinner #1 at my aunt’s, and Christmas dinner #2 back at the inlaw’s. Today will be spent relaxing and enjoying the wonderful presents I received this year.
And speaking of presents, I know you all are dying to know what books I got, so here I am to share. I had a very bookish Christmas, receiving all of these:
From top to bottom:
- The Inimitable Jeeves by PG Wodehouse (audio)
- Readings by Anne Fadiman
- Finny by Justin Kramon
- Emily of Deep Valley by Maud Hart Lovelace
- Carney’s House Party and Winona’s Pony Cart by Maud Hart Lovelace
- Homer’s Odyssey by Gwen Cooper
- The White Queen by Philippa Gregory
- Rampant by Diane Peterfreund
- My Man Jeeves by PG Wodehouse
- Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert (Lydia Davis translation)
- Red Hood Road by Ayelet Waldman
- Russian Winter by Daphne Kalotay
- Apollo’s Angels by Jennifer Homans
These are all such wonderful books that I don’t know where to start.
Also, I am now the proud owner of my internet avatar. Ben got me this mug:
I know a lot of you are taking breaks from blogging this week but I am doing the opposite. This week will be my week of Top Fives. Each day, you will see five of my favorite things this year in various categories. And (*fingers crossed because I am away from my books*) it will culminate in my end of year books post.
Did you all have a wonderful book-filled Christmas as well? What are you most excited to read first?