Today’s Top Ten Tuesday is Top Ten Books That Should Be In A Beach Bag. I don’t actually differentiate between beach reads and non beach reads. If I go to the beach, I bring whatever book I happen to be reading. And I probably plan last minute beach trips more than most of you and long beach vacations less than most of you because I live so close to the beach. So I don’t plan for beach reads. To prove my point, these are Ten Books I Read at the Beach:
- We Have Always Lived in the Castle
- The Handmaid’s Tale
- The Lost Summer of Louisa May Alcott
- East of Eden
- The Postmistress (Read the entire thing during a LONG day at the beach camping at Cayo Costa)
- The Glass Castle
- The Bell Jar (Clearly the BEST beach book ever)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Yes, the first time through. Couldn’t pass up a beach day with friends just because it was the day after the release).
What about you? Do you have beach-specific books? Or do you just grab whatever book you are reading like me?
Top Ten Tuesday is a bookish meme hosted by the lovely ladies of The Broke and the Bookish.