I am going through a reading-doesn’t-sound-interesting-so-I-will-just-watch-a-lot-of-television phase. Ever have those? The first week that Ben and I are apart is always a little difficult for me (and not just because he apparently does all of the important things in life and I have to figure them out now). But I find myself trying to fill the time instead of just enjoying it. I’ll adjust soon and get back to reading but until then, I’m filling that time with other things.
Things I am doing instead of reading:
- Watching a lot of Buffy and Angel. Currently on Season 5/Season 2. I started this project last summer so it makes sense to pick it back up now. Also, I am getting to the part of the show where I really love Spike. And hate Riley. Is he gone yet?
- Catching up on So Think You Can Dance. I think I have to go with the crowd and pick Marko and Melanie as my favorite couple so far. Definitely not Ryan. Is she gone yet?
- Hanging out with friends. I have some good friends who are keeping me busy. I filled my weekend with them.
- Seeing Midnight in Paris – if you love 1920s Paris like I do, you definitely need to go see it.
- Shopping. Did I mention that I got a $70 pair of pants for $6? I can’t let that news go unshared.
- Playing with Google+.You can find me here. What do we think so far?
- Running. Read about my Thursday night group here. Did you know that taking a month off results in extreme pain when you start up again? Pushing through it.
And on that note, I am off for a run at the Dunedin Causeway with a friend. Enjoy your Sunday, everyone.
I’m just now coming out of my own reading slump. Trying to not overdo it, in case it happens again. I’ve even gone so far as to round up a group of guest reviewers for the end of this month/beginning of next because I’m going to be so busy with work. I didn’t want to feel overwhelmed. You’ll get your mojo back.
P.S. super jealous of the trip!
SYTYCD is one of our favorites (my daughter just started a dance blog and one of the things she is doing is commenting on the show, http://throughtheeyesofadancer.blogspot.com)
I love that you got pants for $6! Think how proud you’ll be every time you wear them!
I’m sorry that you are missing your honey. Is it bad that I fantasize being alone for a period of time? I would be totally psyched about the pants. Tell everyone!
I don’t think I’ve ever stopped reading recently, but when I get in a slump, I get tired of whatever I’m reading about 1/4 of the way through and want to start something else. Obnoxious.
I am having a mini-weekend reading slump as well. I think part of it has to do with the fact that I spent all day drinking by the pool yesterday, and my mind is not in reading mode right now. Hopefully I can overcome this slothfulness, but maybe not!
Oh, Riley. He’s just so totally useless.
Yay for Buffy and Angel! I need some alone time though before I can work my way through the series again. (Riley sucks.)
I am trying to find my running mojo again. I looked at the Disney Princess half-marathon website again this morning. Did you know we could sign up as a team and have our team name on our bibs or shirts that they would give us? In spite of my exercise apathy, it does sound like so much fun. Are you still interested?
$70 pants for $6? Where? What do they look like? Pictures, please! 😉
I am currently staring at my inbox, waiting for a Google+ invite that was apparently sent my way. I am not very good at waiting.
But Midnight in Paris! I need to watch that.
I’m so far behind in so many things….where is Ben? The $6 pants should not have gone unshared, that is beyond bargain. Kudos to you. I have no words for my discontent at Ryan’s ability to stay on #sytycd as long as she has. Sincerely. Can’t be gone fast enough for me. I’m on G+ but honestly haven’t taken the time to really get into using it yet. I do think I’m liking it more than Facebook at the moment though. Just have to get with the program more so that I don’t lose the ability to organize it the way I want before it gets so unruly.