The Year of the Series – Part 3

And now we have the series I hope actually to read someday. I don’t have any hope to read all of these this year, but I’d love to pick two or three to try.

The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare

Ruby Oliver Series by E. Lockhart

Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead

Seven Kingdoms Trilogy by Kristin Cashore

Maisie Dobbs Series by Jacqueline Winspear

Iron Fey Series by Julie Kagawa

What sereis have you been itching to start?

11 thoughts on “The Year of the Series – Part 3

1. zibilee February 15, 2012 / 9:54 am

I have heard such amazing things about The Mortal Instruments series, and my kids adore those books. I think my son has read them several times. I also really enjoyed The Iron Queen, though I came into the series rather late. I think you’ve picked some excellent books for yourself, and I can’t wait to hear what you think of them!

2. Tara February 15, 2012 / 9:58 am

I can’t recommend The Mortal Instrument series OR The Iron Fey series enough! Both completely suck you in and make you want to read the next book immediately.

3. Linda February 15, 2012 / 11:28 am

I want to read the Iron Fey and the Seven Kingdom Trilogy. I just read Cinder, the first in the Lunar Chronicles and I’m starting Divergent, the first in the Divergent series later today. I’m not even going to mention the series I’m behind in!

4. Sandy February 15, 2012 / 11:29 am

My daughter really enjoys Vampire Academy, but I haven’t been able to bring myself to join in. Call it vampire burnout I guess. Most of the series I covet are murder mysteries. Swapna reviewed one yesterday that I really want to dive into, I just need to clear my schedule for it. Ha! Like that is ever going to happen.

5. Heather February 15, 2012 / 11:39 am

I read the first Mortal Instruments book, and while I enjoyed it quite a bit, the second one didn’t suck me in so I stopped after 50 or so pages. I have Graceling on my shelf, been planning to read that one for I don’t even know how long. Same with the first two Maisie Dobbs. So many books, so little time, right?

6. Jamie February 15, 2012 / 12:48 pm

I have the first book to all of these series (except Maisy Dobbs) but haven’t read any of them despite hearing AMAZING THINGS. We need to get on this!!

7. Alita February 15, 2012 / 4:32 pm

I read one book in the Maisie Dobbs series last year – Among the Mad – and I really want to go back to the beginning and read more of the series.

As for the others, I’m happy to learn that I’m not the only one in the entire blogosphere who has not read any of these series. Sometimes it sure feels like it!

8. Michelle February 15, 2012 / 9:09 pm

Oh girl. You need to read the Iron Fey series. It is definitely my favorite of the ones you have listed. And they are such quick reading. You could definitely finish that series before the baby!!

9. Debbie Rodgers February 17, 2012 / 2:22 pm

I’ve read the first 6 Maisie Dobbs books and plan to finish the next 3 this year. I LOVE this mystery series.

10. Susan February 20, 2012 / 9:51 pm

How’s this for a long-distance relationship? I’m ordering the first book of all of these series that I haven’t yet read – both of them. 🙂

11. Tanya Patrice February 23, 2012 / 9:50 am

I’ve read The Vampire Academy series and loved it (each book gets better and better). I’ve read Graceling and loved it too, but haven’t gotten around to the rest of the series yet. The Mortal Instruments series was also pretty good (but I would read VA first).