The Sunday Salon – The Nursery Reveal [5.20.12]

The Sunday Salon.comThe much-awaited nursery pictures are finally here and I am going to jump right into it.

To give you a full appreciation for the transformation, this is what the nursery looked like when we got started.

Then my dad worked his magic, and Ben and I put our own hard work into the room, and we got this:

And I am IN LOVE with the result.

Let’s take a look around, starting with the crib and glider.

(There actually IS a name on the wall at this point. But we’re still not sharing.)

The dresser/changing table (filled with adorable onesies):

Ben took out the mirrored doors and installed these closet doors instead.

And I painted the door knobs.

Here is the inside of the closet, which will never be this organized again.

The border, the start of it all:

The border is from the Lambs & Ivy Team Safari collection. I had to return almost everything else that I bought to go with it because of quality issues (and actually had to have a roll of border replaced as well), but I am still happy we went with this “theme” since I think the border is adorable and animals playing sports is pretty easy to piece together ourselves.

And finally, his books (in baskets until I figure out a bookshelf solution):

A lot of people helped us put this together, really. The crib is a gift from my mom, the glider and dresser are hand-me-downs from my boss, and my friends got me all kinds of helpful items at my shower. The little guy has a lot of people who love him already, including a grandpa who flew all the way from Boston just to paint his nursery. Lucky kid.

As I said, I am absolutely thrilled with the way this turned out. I had a vision in my head and I was afraid it wouldn’t come out quite right. Instead, I think it came out better. As soon as I put the last touches on the room, I felt ready to actually have this baby. But until he decides to make his appearance, I might just go sit and stare at his lovely room.

13 thoughts on “The Sunday Salon – The Nursery Reveal [5.20.12]

1. Sandy May 20, 2012 / 12:25 pm

I LOVE IT!!! I totally understand too, that you are not ready to have the baby unless the room is ready and waiting and the clothes are ready and waiting. Before my daughter was born, sometimes I’d just go in there and sit and imagine. Everyone involved did a wonderful job. It is precious that your dad came down to paint.

2. Jenny May 20, 2012 / 1:35 pm

Ooooh it look so good!!! I love the theme!

3. Helen Murdoch May 20, 2012 / 9:59 pm

Wonderful nursery! the colors are great as are the furniture, decorations, and books! You must be so ready for him (right?) to arrive!

4. ace May 21, 2012 / 4:51 am

I love the wallpaper! so cute. Congratulations

5. Melissa May 21, 2012 / 2:24 pm

It looks so good! You guys did an amazing job.

6. Ti May 22, 2012 / 1:11 pm

I went with a green/yellow room when they told me I was having a girl because I just didn’t believe it. I had already had my son and my husband’s brothers had nothing but boys so when the doctor told me that I was carrying a girl, I went totally neutral just in case it went the other way.

And then I had this girly girl who was forced to be in a neutral room! As soon as I could, I switched it out! LOL.

Your room looks perfect. The color scheme brought back memories for me.

7. Julie May 23, 2012 / 10:55 pm

So adorable. You guys did a great job!

8. Jennifer A May 24, 2012 / 4:25 pm

It’s looks great!! I love the shelves you put in the closet. Great idea!

9. Gayle May 28, 2012 / 12:15 am

I am having a baby boy in 2 weeks! When are you due? Our nursery is almost done too – and there are WAY too many books in there. Congratulations to you – when are you due?

10. Beth F May 28, 2012 / 8:37 am

Not sure how I missed these photos. But WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW it’s fabulous.