May was a tough month. I only read 4 books and three of them were audios. Despite being ridiculously excited for Shine, it took me three weeks to read it. Between settling in the new house, getting ready for the baby, and having the baby, May just flew by without leaving me much time to myself. But I finished a book on June 1 already, so hopefully I do a little better now that Evan is here.
What I did read in May, I enjoyed. All four of these books were very different and made for an interesting mix of baseball, zombies, WWI, and ghosts.
- The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach (audio)
- Zombiestan by Mainak Dhar (audio)
- Pardonable Lies by Jaqueline Winspear (audio)
- Shine by Jeri-Smith Ready
I also reviewed:
- A Duty to the Dead by Charles Todd
- Birds of a Feather by Jaqueline Winspear (audio)
- The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson
- A Good American by Alex George (audio)
- Countdown by Mira Grant
In addition, I showed you the book collection Evan has already amassed, shared a whole series of pictures of the new house (exterior and living room; kitchen, dining room, and porches; guest room/library and baby’s bathroom; master bedroom; and nursery), and introduced my son.
And now I will leave you with an image that just melts my heart. Happy June, everyone.
Ben and Evan