The reading frenzy continues. This month I read 11 books. Which might be a record. I fully expect it to end there though since I have to go back to work in two weeks.
- Canada by Richard Ford (audio)
- Insurgent by Veronica Roth
- The Next Best Thing by Jennifer Weiner
- Perfect by Sara Shepard
- Passion by Kate Lauren (audio)
- The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
- How to be a Woman by Caitlin Moran
- The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera (audio)
- The Boyfriend List: 15 Guys, 11 Shrink Appointments, 4 Ceramic Frocs and Me, Ruby Oliver by E. Lockhart
- The Death Cure by James Dashner
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer (audio)
(No book cover collages this month because I’m in a photo storage transition that makes it rather difficult. Sorry.)
Most of those reviews are forthcoming (I need to play catch up a bit). My favorite book of the month was Cinder. In addition, I also reviewed:
- Othello by William Shakespeare
- A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness (audio)
- Bunheads by Sophie Flack
- Stopping Time and Old Habits by Melissa Marr
- How I Killed Pluto and Why It Had It Coming by Mike Brown (audio)
- Shine Shine Shine by Lydia Netzer
Plus, I shared what I was listening to (as well as my uncontrollable hair) in 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th grade.
Evan is doing great. He’s growing like its his job (which it is) and we’re pretty sure he is going to be taller than us by his 5th birthday. We’ve had a nice visit in Michigan and he’s been able to spend a lot of time with his family and friends up here. We had a party for him last weekend and it was such a great way for everyone to meet him. We head back to Florida on Wednesday. Sadly, my maternity leave is coming to an end soon. Time is flying.
My favorite Evan picture from July:
Photo a Day
The photos (click here to see larger versions):
How did July treat you?
You’re reading more than me and you have a baby! I’ve been a disaster lately. So goes summer. I love his latest picture. Such an expression on his face!
You have had an amazing reading month, and the baby just keeps getting cuter and cuter. Enjoy the the rest of your time off work. I’m sorry you have to go back so soon. 😦
Great month! I read this Kundera decades ago in French and loved it a lot. here is my July wrap-up: http://wordsandpeace.com/2012/08/01/july-wrap-up/