I went off-topic a bit today. Hope you don’t mind. My audiobook flowcharts have been well-received (2011|2012), so I have one for you again this year. This one is a bit bigger, since my audiobook reading increased this year. If you need help choosing your next audiobook, here you go:
HOW TO CHOOSE YOUR NEXT AUDIOBOOK
(Based on my totally subjective view of the books I’ve read in the last year)
(click to zoom)
And here are the books in the chart, in alphabetical order, so you can find my reviews:
- Agent to the Star (review)
- The Art Forger (review)
- Battle Royale (review)
- Beautiful Ruins (review)
- Blackout by Mira Grant (review)
- Bringing Up Bebe (review)
- The Doula (review)
- The End of the Affair (no review)
- The Emerald Atlas (review)
- Every Day (review)
- Fallen Series: #3 Passion (review)/#4 Rapture (review)
- Freakonomics (review)
- Hand Me Down (review)
- Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead (review)
- Life after Life (review)
- The Lunar Chronicles: #1 Cinder (review)/#2 Scarlet (review)
- Maisie Dobbs: # 5 Messenger of Truth by Jaqueline Winspear (review)/#6 An Incomplete Revenge (review)/#7 Among the Mad (review pending)
- Parlor Games (review)
- The Pluto Files (review)
- The Selection Series: #1 The Selection (review)/#2 The Elite (review)
- We Have Always Lived in the Castle (review)
A few notes:
- After this was created, I realized I forgot The Absolutist, a very good audiobook, and included Battle Royale and The Pluto Files, mediocre audiobooks. I don’t know how this happened.
- I also realized that Every Day snuck in there under the “series” group. I think I just put it with the other YA novels by accident.
- I didn’t have it in me at that point to make changes.
Finally, if you don’t have the time to go through this flow chart, my two recommendations for everyone are Beautiful Ruins and Cinder (trust me, the cyborgs and lunar people WORK).