What a week. I woke up Monday with a cold. A cough and the sniffles but livable. By Wednesday, it had beaten me into a miserable, shivering mess and left me on the couch hiding under a blanket. Then Friday, I feel pretty much normal again. Which was good considering I’ve been so busy this weekend at a Young Lawyer’s conference that I haven’t even seen E for more than 5 minutes since Friday morning. Needless to say, there was no reading done at all this week (but there was a fair amount of Doctor Who watching at least).
Quick update today.
- Independent Study by Joelle Charbonneau
- (I put down Bellman & Black for now after all)
- The Circle by Dave Eggers
- The Pull of Gravity by Gae Polisner
- Betsy and the Great World by Maud Hart Lovelace
- Elegy for Eddie by Jacqueline Winspear
I thought this week would be tough because it was so busy, but it ended up being tough because I felt so awful. I didn’t work out once. And I only counted calories for the first half of the week. I am going to have to add an extra run to the next few weeks to make up for this last week if I still want to finish my 8k training before my race next month.
Here’s to a healthier week.