I was just hanging out on Twitter on Thursday when I noticed a familiar little thing called Bloggiesta was being discussed. Back when I used to participate in the events of the book blogging world, I used to participate in Bloggiesta – a weekend dedicated to helping bloggers organize and accomplish tasks (and I think I remember margaritas). Well, this little blog needed a lot of love at the moment, so I hopped on as an unofficial participant. It was a great way to get some blogging energy back after such a long slump. Here is a summary of how I Bloggiesta-d.
- Updated the 2014 Books Read list (it’d been a few months)
- Updated the Books by Date Read and the Books by Alphabet lists (it’d been 2 years)
- Updated the Audiobook Review Directory (it’d been 2.5 years)
- Consolidated my About Me pages into one long About Me page
- Updated the Tagline
- Fixed my Review Policy page, which wasn’t working and hasn’t been since at least January, unbeknownst to me. Yikes.
- Two reviews scheduled.
- One Top Ten Tuesday scheduled.
- This post written.
Things I Discovered/Mysteries to Ponder:
- My reading didn’t taper off when I became a mother. Instead, it dropped off pretty suddenly in the fall of 2013, when E was year and a half. What happened? Why did life get busy then?
- I only have three books that begin with numbers: 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson; 13, rue Therese by Elena Mauli Shapiro; 31 Hours by Masha Hamilton. All 1s and 3s. Weird, right?
- I have not read any books that begin with a K, Q, or X. K? Really?
- I didn’t start listening to audiobooks until 2010. Since then, I have finished 117 of them! So many books I otherwise wouldn’t have had time for.
- Actually write some book reviews. Life is going to be busy the next few weeks, but I shall try.
- Figure out how to add a signature to my posts.
- Finally create my Books by Author directory. This has been on my to do list for years.