Photo credit: My husband*
I don’t have a bookish post for you right now and the only thing my very tired brain can think about right now is the amazing concert I went to last night. So that’s what I’m sharing with you.
If you have never heard of The National (I know that’s probably a good number of you), you should definitely take a listen. And then go see a show because, somehow, hearing the live show made even the recorded music I listened to today sound better (they’re heading all over the world this year so no excuses).
Click on the Setlist to listen to the tracks. And fall in love. Seriously. Just listen to THAT VOICE.
*Ben asked me why I didn’t give him photo credits on the last post. So yes, he did take this photo. However, I am the one that edits the pictures so they look awesome. Just sayin.
Audio: Share a song with powerful lyrics.
I like music too much and couldn’t choose, so you get three for the price of one today.
1) Anna Begins – Counting Crows. I’ve always loved this song and it is because of the amazing lyrics.
2) I Shall Believe – Sheryl Crow
3) Arc of Time – Bright Eyes. I like the very straight-forward nature of this song. We live, we make choices and mistakes, and we die. And I like the sarcastic tone he uses about heaven (despite the fact that I just said I go to mass every Sunday in my last post – I’m a complicated girl…).
What’s your musical horoscope? (Put your player on shuffle and write down the first 10 songs that come up.)
- Anna Begins – Counting Crows
- I live my life for you – Firehouse (this was actually the first song Ben and I danced to at our wedding) 🙂
- La Vie Boheme – Rent
- Desperately Wanting – Better than Ezra
- Wonderwall – Oasis
(Interjection: I’m sounding kind of old and lame right now…)
- Punk Rock Princess – Something Corporate
- Innocent – Our Lady Peace
- I’ve Got Sunshine – The Temptations
- Hallelujah – Rufus Wainwright
- Living on a Prayer – Bon Jovi