My husband, one of those lucky people that still get spring break, has abandoned me for a few days to visit his sister in Pittsburgh. So I am enjoying a some alone time this weekend. Unfortunately this has not translated into any reading time for me so far. Ah, life.
This week I finished reading Picking Bones from Ash by Marie Mutsuki Mockett (review here) and listening to Bonobo Handshake by Vanessa Woods.
I am currently reading Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout and One of Our Thursdays Is Missing by Jasper Fforde.
And if you are lucky (still playing catchup), you may see a few reviews this week. These are the books I still have to review:
- Betsy was a Junior by Maud Hart Lovelace
- Something Rotten by Jasper Fforde (audio)(reread)
- The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder
- First Among Sequels by Jasper Fforde (audio)(reread)
- A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan
- Matched by Ally Condie
- The Emperor of All Maladies by Siddhartha Mukherjee (audio)
- The Inimitable Jeeves by PG Wodehouse (audio)
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
- Bonobo Handshake by Vanessa Woods (audio)
Anyone dying for me to talk about one of these this week? I’m open to suggestions.
Oooh, I LOVED Goon Squad. It most definitely will be one of my top reads of the year. I’d love to hear what you think about it.
I really want to read your thoughts on Matched and on The Handmaid’s Tale, especially after having read that after reading Wither!! Enjoy your time sans hubby!
Michelle – I can’t wait to see what you think of Olive Kitteridge. I read it earlier this year and enjoyed the way the stories all came together.