After a full week of blogging and even getting to some housekeeping tasks (I’m updating the About Me section and the menu options – more changes coming soon), I completely forgot to write a Sunday Salon. Two steps forward, one step back. Or something like that. So here it is a bit late on this Sunday morning.
- Bellman & Black by Diane Setterfield (but thinking about putting it down…anyone want to convince me to stick with it?)
- The Circle by Dave Eggers
- The Dangerous Animals Club by Stephen Tobolosky
- Independent Study by Joelle Charbonneau
- The Pull of Gravity by Gae Polisner
- Betsy and the Great World by Maud Hart Lovelace
- Elegy for Eddie by Jacqueline Winspear
I was good about exercise. I ran 3 times, went to yoga once and dance once, but I stopped counting calories on Wednesday and ended up gaining 1.1 pounds. I have once again learned my lesson that I still need to count calories if I want to lose these last few pounds. I also got bad about drinking my water. But I still haven’t had a diet coke!
This week is going to be tough. I have two happy hours, a catered dinner (and a breakfast and a lunch), and a pub crawl. And I have no idea when I am going to fit in my working out with this busy schedule. And Ben misread his class schedule so I can’t go to ballet for the foreseeable future unless I find a new class (I’m looking…). Yikes.
- This week was our ninth wedding anniversary. Hard to believe (we WERE babies when we got married though).
- Evan and I were featured in a BabyZone gallery showing what real moms look like post-childbirth (not sure I agree with the decision to label mine a “super quick labor” though).
- I am going to start adding a second review on Thursdays. This review will be of books I read last year and never reviewed so it will probably be shorter than a normal review. I plan on doing this until I catch up (I like to post something about every book I read).
How was your week? Sticking with those resolutions?