In January of 2005, right after Ben and I got married, I decided to read Anna Karenina. While I was reading that Russian chunkster, Ben read 8 books. He then challenged me to “catch up” to him, so we started actually tracking the books we read. This became an ongoing competition and it means that we can actually tally the number of books we’ve read in our entire ten years of marriage. As I was thinking about whether or not that would be an interesting post, I started thinking about other marriage statistics I could share. It became a fun task for us to think back and try to remember everything we have done together. I hope you enjoy reading this at least a little bit because we had a lot of fun compiling it.
- Books Read: 1079 (Michelle – 507/Ben – 572)
This means that Ben averages just over a book a week and I average just under a book a week. Of course, these averages are rapidly falling, but that’s pretty impressive, right?
- States Visited: 21
- Countries Visited: 10
- Homes Lived In: 4
- Months Lived Apart: 17.5
- Cars Owned: 3
- Pets: 2 (plus temporary custody of another)
- Kids: 1.4?
- Surgeries: 2 (Both Ben. Both ACL reconstruction.)
- Jobs: 18 (Michelle – 7/Ben – 11)
- Degrees Obtained: 2 (Michelle – JD/Ben – MA)
- Tweets: 76,953 (Michelle – 76,200/Ben – 753)
- Races: 12 (Michelle – 10/Ben – 6)(ran 4 together)
- Concerts Attended Together: 10 (This seems low and is based entirely on Ben’s ticket albums. We must have lost a lot of tickets along the way.)
- Sporting Events Attended Together: 44 (That’s a lot of Tigers games.)
- Plays/Musicals Attended Together: 6
And then of course there are all of the uncountable things, like the number of times we’ve laughed, the number of times we’ve cried, or the number of hours we’ve spent on the couch watching Netflix.
It’s been quite the adventure so far…